2012 Events & News
2011 Events & News
Current Events & News
Thank you for another fabulous CORSE Foundation Gala!
Once again, our community came out to support the Scituate CORSE Foundation (Community of Resources for Special Education) at our 11th Annual Gala on October 22nd. We were once again overwhelmed by our heart-warming and generous guests, the unbelievable auction items and many touching moments, especially as we celebrated our Gates and High School Best Buddies Programs. We hope everyone had a wonderful evening! A very special thanks to the Scituate Recreation Department for honoring Tracy Johnston with the Community Spirit Award that evening as well!
CORSE would like to acknowledge all those individuals and businesses that donated to and participated in the event’s success. None of this would be possible without our Gala Committee (Anne Lambert Allen, Mariah Avallone, Cassi Belmarsh, Melissa Burrill, Kat Cozzi, Kristin Erickson, Suzanne Erwin, Judi Johnson, Tracy Johnston, Juli McLaughlin, Erin McLoughlin, Jennifer Novak, Melissa O’Brien, Jennifer O’Neill, Nina Riley, Jen Roche, Gwen Rodgers, Jen Spinale, Carolyn Timmons), Hatherly Country Club, SCTV and Susan Dillman (Video Presentation).
(L-R) Jim Cantwell, Bill Johnston, Tracy Johnston, Tony Vegnani, Maura Glancy
We are very grateful to FOX 25 for awarding us HOMETOWN TEAM for
Scituate's Zip Trip!
On Friday, July 29, Fox 25 visited Scituate for their traditional summer zip trips and highlighted the work of the CORSE Foundation! We were awarded the Hometown Team Award for our work integrating children with special needs and their families into the South Shore community. Click here to see video footage.
Thanks once again to our generous community for supporting our 10th Annual Golf Tournament!
Our 10th Annual Golf Tournament "Hit the Course for C.O.R.S.E." took place at at Scituate Country Club on May 20, 2016. We would like to thank all those individuals and businesses that donated to and participated in the success of the Golf Tournament, especially the donors listed below.
A HUGE Thank-You to our Major Sponsors
We are very grateful and appreciative of your generosity!
Event Sponsor: Annese Family
Dinner Sponsor: LeVangie Electric
Lunch Sponsor: Jeff & Gerry Lynch
Recognition Ceremony Sponsor: Granite City Electric, Steve Helle
Golfer's Gift Sponsor: Donald & Laura O'Keefe, In Memory of Kay O'Keefe
19th Hole Par-Tee Sponsor: Brait Builders Corporation
Closest to the Pin Sponsor: Susan & Harvey Gates
Longest Drive Sponsor: Bob & Eileen Hamel, Hamel, Marcin, Dunn, Reardon & Shea, P.C
Many thanks to our Golf Committee for their hard work on this event: Kristin Erickson, Melanie Legge, Anne Lambert, Cassi Belmarsh, Mariah Avallone, Suzanne Erwin, Janet McDonough, Jennifer O’Neill, Jen Roche, Gwen Rodgers, Carolyn Timmons, Melissa O’Brien, Jennifer Novak, Melissa Burrill, Tracy Johnston.
Thank you to Paul Wahlberg for supporting CORSE and
Autism Awareness Day!!!
In honor of Autism Awareness Day, Paul Wahlberg is generously donating 10% of all proceeds from his Hingham, Fenway and Lynnfield Wahlburgers Restaurants to COURSE!!! Please visit Wahlburgers on Saturday, April 2 to support his efforts supporting Autism Awareness and to say THANK YOU!!!! Additional thanks to Gwen Rodgers and Kim Agostino for their support! To see Kim's heartfelt post, please click here to go to our Facebook Page.
Click on the headline listed below to view the complete article:
- "Thank you from Scituate North Pole Express 2015", Scituate Mariner, 1/3/16
- "CORSE grateful for support", Scituate Mariner, 1/24/16
- "CORSE celebrates decade of helping children", Scituate Mariner, 2/20/16
- "For Scituate based CORSE, a decade of helping children with special needs" Patriot Ledger, 2/24/16
- "Wahlberg supports CORSE twice for Autism Awareness Month", Scituate Mariner, 4/22/16
- "CORSE joins Wahlberg to throw first pitch" Scituate Mariner, 4/2016
- "Pitching Staff" Patriot Ledger, 5/3/2016
- "Scituate Recreation launches Counselor in Training Program" Scituate Mariner, 7/8/16
- "Scituate's CORSE teaches 95 kids water sports" Scituate Mariner, 7/27/16
- "Community accolades keep coming for Scituate CORSE" Scituate Mariner, 12/10/16
- "Scituate CORSE Foundation continues fundraising campaign" Scituate Mariner, 12/24/16
- "CORSE appreciative of support from Scituate High basketball" Scituate Mariner, 3/12/17
To Make a Donation:
Help provide needed support to children with special needs in our community through a contribution to our Foundation. For more information, please click here.