Award Winning Foundation!
- 2015 Myra Kraft Community MVP Award
- 2014 primary speaker at the first Flutie Foundation Partner Summit
- 2011 Massachusetts Recreation and Park Association Program Outreach Award
- Co-Founders named 2009 Scituate Citizens of the Year
- 2008 Massachusetts Community Partnership Award from the Federation for Children with Special Needs
The Scituate CORSE Foundation (Community of Resources for Special Education), a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, was established in February of 2006 by a group of dedicated parents and educators to raise funds to provide the highest quality educational, social and recreational community experiences so children with special needs, ages 3-22, can reach their full potential. Through fundraising activities, the Foundation is able to allocate funds for a wide range of supplemental resources that will benefit children, parents and educators within our community.
To Make a Donation:
Please click here for information about making a monetary or stock donation to help CORSE provide needed support to children with special needs.
Links to Photos/Videos/Presentations:
Video: Community Reflections on the Impact of CORSE
CORSE Photos (Shutterfly website)
SEE YOUR KIDS IN ACTION!
Pictures of CORSE Programming
CORSE Kids on Wahlburgers TV Show
Myra Kraft Community MVP Award
Additional Footage of CORSE Kids at Wahlburgers
2014 Gala Music Video-Tribute to All Stars Coach Mike
CORSE Overview Presentation (revised July 2015)
Very Special Entertainment from 2013 Gala
2013 Gala Photo Slideshow
2012 Golf Tournament Music Video
2011 Gala Music Video
2011 Golf Tournament Music Video
2010 Maritime Adventures Music Video
To read testimonials from parents, guardians, peer mentors and volunteers: click here
To Make an Online Payment:
To make an online payment to CORSE, please enter your invoice or statement number below and click the 'pay now' button below. Please put the amount you are paying in the 'Item Price' box (which reads $0) and click update. That updated amount will be charged to your credit/debit card or PayPal account.
CORSE Foundation Invites All to 10th Annual Gala and Auction
Saturday, October 17, 2015 6:30pm - Scituate Country Club
Dinner, dancing, auction and raffles- an extremely fun evening out to CELEBRATE a great cause!
Early Bird Discount until September 30! Tickets only $45 a person. Table of 10 for $450 After September 30, Tickets will be $55 a person. Table of 10 for $500
RSVPs are due by October 12th. The Gala is always a near sell-out, so please RSVP early!
Please consider volunteering or donating to the Gala ...
- If you would like to work on the Gala planning committee please email
- We are collecting auction item donations for the Gala, so if you know of any items, services, gift certificates or tickets that can be donated by yourself or your contacts, please email
email@example.com Tickets to sporting events, entertainment, "get-away" packages, gift certificates to restaurants or hotels as well as local services and unique items are wonderful auction donations. If you have ideas of whom you'd like to ask, please email us first to assure there are no duplicate requests. If you are willing to purchase a gift certificate as a donation, please let us know; this would be greatly appreciated. We'd like to have our list of auction items by September 27th.
All proceeds go directly to our kids!
If you would like to purchase gala tickets click here...
Patriots Chairman and CEO Robert Kraft and Patriots and
Football Hall of Famer Andre Tippett congratulate Tracy Johnston
CORSE Recipient of 2015 New England Patriots Myra Kraft Community MVP Award!
The New England Patriots Charitable Foundation Myra Kraft Community MVP Awards places a spotlight on those who give their time to help others and exemplify leadership, dedication and commitment to their communities through volunteerism. Thanks to a nomination from Mariah Avallone, Tracy Johnston received this esteemed award for her work with CORSE, and the CORSE Foundation received a grant of $10,000!
Thank you to our special community of parents, educators and supporters who helped make this happen. Special recognition to all CORSE Board Members, past and present, who have given so many volunteer hours to create a foundation that has provided such a valuable impact for ALL our community's children!
Thanks once again to our generous community!
Our 9th Annual Golf Tournament "Hit the Course for C.O.R.S.E." took place at at Scituate Country Club on June 19, 2015. We would like to thank all those individuals and businesses that donated to and participated in the success of the Golf Tournament, especially the following donors:
Event Sponsor Joe and Deb Annese
Dinner Sponsor – LaVangie Electric
Lunch Sponsor – Donald & Laura O'Keefe, in memory of Kay O'Keefe
Closest to Pin Sponsor -Harvey and Susan Gates
Longest Drive Sponsor – Hamel, Marcin, Dunn, Reardon & Shea, P.C., Bob
and Eileen Hamel
We are very grateful to all who contributed; we will continue to use these funds to provide valuable programming and resources to our community’s children, parents and educators.
Summer SPS Social and Academic Programs--
including field trips, summer ELA and Math packet support!
5 week cycle unless otherwise designated
July 10 -August 7
There is a $25 late fee for registrations received after deadline of June 12.
Financial assistance is available. The following programs are offered:
- Circle of Friends Plus Music Therapy!! (Pre-school)
- Summer Field Trip Social Explorers! (Grades K-3)
- Video and Animation Explorers (Grades 4-6)
- Reading and Writing Enrichment Plus Summer ELA Packet! (Grades 3-6)
- Math Investigators Plus Summer Math Packet! (Grades 3-6)
- Gates/High School Summer Enrichment Packet Support
- Gates/High School Traveling Tuesdays - PROGRAM STARTS 6/30, 6 WEEKS, 4 HOURS
- Gates/High School Summer Yoga - PROGRAM STARTS 6/29, MONDAYS, 5 WEEKS, ½ HOUR
Please click here for more information.
Programs are open to ALL SPS students, and are staffed appropriately so that children with special needs can successfully participate in them.
For each program, we have identified highly qualified SPS staff and aide support to provide a low staff to student ratio (usually 1:3 for social groups and 1:4 for academic courses) to assure the quality of this programming for our students.
Unfortunately, we no longer accept out-of-town registrations for Scituate Public Schools’ academic and social skills development programs, except for students tuitioned into SPS or Scituate students who are enrolled out of district.
For 2015, these programs have been generously supported by grant funding received from the Doug Flutie, Jr. Foundation for Autism, Grace E. Brooks Trust, Evan Henry Foundation, Scituate Rotary Club, Build A Bear Workshop, South Shore Playhouse Associates and Kate's Voice as well as our community fundraising supporters.
Summer Sports and Recreation Program Registration
Registration the following Summer sports and recreation programs are underway now:
- All Stars Summer Youth Camp August 10-14
- All-Stars Summer Extreme August 10-14
- All-Stars Maritime Adventures through AccesSport America July 20-24
- All Stars Tennis Mondays, June 29-August 3
These Sports and Recreation programs are open to all towns. We welcome students with and without special needs who would prefer a less competitive atmosphere. Click here for more information.
If you will be requesting financial assistance, please call the Scituate Recreation Department at 781-545-8738 immediately to fill out the appropriate forms. These forms must be filled out prior to registration! Non-residents are charged a $5.00 additional fee through Scituate Recreation.
Registration for iCanBike (formerly Lose the Training Wheels) begins April 27 for South Shore YMCA and CORSE Foundation members. General registration begins May 4. Click here for more information. iCanBike is sponsored by the
Daniel Ghergurovich Memoriam and the Cohasset Harbor Resort.
More information will be available shortly on SPS Social & Academic Programs, including Traveling Tuesdays. Unfortunately, at this time we do not anticipate running Therapeutic Riding due to constraints at Booth Hill Farm.
This year, CORSE recreation, social and academic programs have been generously supported by grant funding from the Doug Flutie, Jr. Foundation for Autism,
Grace E. Brooks Trust,
Evan Henry Foundation,
Scituate Rotary Club,
Build A Bear Workshop,
South Shore Playhouse Associates and
Kate's Voice as well as our community fundraising supporters.
Financial assistance is available for all programs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and guidelines.
Thank you to our donors!
2014 was another wonderful year for CORSE thanks to ALL of our phenomenal donors. Because of our generous community, we continue to provide integrated academic, social and recreational programs that are accessible for all of our community's kids to participate!
As 2014 has come to a close, we would like to sincerely thank you for your incredible on-going support to the CORSE foundation. Since 2006, we have run over 300 programs (301!) with 3,766 registrations and 736 program volunteers putting $625,000 back into our community through programming and resources.
Programming and highlights from CORSE during 2014 – thanks to you:
- 1 of 3 invited guest speakers for the first annual Doug Flutie Jr. Partner Summit to discuss CORSE programming
- CORSE kids appeared on Wahlburgers TV show!
- Integrated social development programs
- Integrated academic support programs
- Integrated sports programs: basketball, karate, running
- Specialized sports programs: swimming, tennis and gymnastics
- Integrated socially-based summer camps for youth, tweens and teens
- Maritime Adventures specialty camp with AccesSport America: sailing, windsurfing, paddleboarding and canoeing
- Customized peer mentor and Best Buddies models; we hit record high participation with 52 Gates and 71 High School Best Buddies participants!
- Let’s Go Community Events: movies, skating, dining out, skiing
- SibShops for siblings of children with special needs
- Over $10,000 provided to families for financial and/or accessibility assistance
- Music therapy and Yoga for the district’s intensive needs classrooms and a Gates Band consultant
- HS scholarships to 15 students, given not only to students who overcame challenges utilizing special education services but also to dedicated CORSE volunteers
- Professional development, curriculum and equipment for the district
- Educational programs and resource materials for parents
For a listing of donors, click here.
To Make a Donation:
Help provide needed support to children with special needs in our community through a contribution to our Foundation. For more information, please click here.
New, EASY Way to Help Raise Money for CORSE
If you are already shopping at Amazon it's just a click away! Click here for more information.
Federal Employees State Employees
City of Boston Employees