Award Winning Foundation!
- 2011 Massachusetts Recreation and Park Association Program Outreach Award
- Co-Founders named 2009 Scituate Citizens of the Year
- 2008 Massachusetts Community Partnership Award from the Federation for Children with Special Needs
The Scituate CORSE Foundation (Community of Resources for Special Education), a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, was established in February of 2006 by a group of dedicated parents and educators to raise funds to provide the highest quality educational, social and recreational community experiences so children with special needs can reach their full potential. Through fundraising activities, the Foundation is able to allocate funds for a wide range of supplemental resources that will benefit children, parents and educators within our community.
To Make a Donation:
Please click here for information about making a monetary or stock donation to help CORSE provide needed support to children with special needs.
Links to Photos/Videos/Presentations:
Video: Community Reflections on the Impact of CORSE
CORSE Photos (Shutterfly website)
SEE YOUR KIDS IN ACTION!
Pictures of CORSE Programming
CORSE Kids on Wahlburgers TV Show
Additional Footage of CORSE Kids at Wahlburgers
2014 Gala Music Video-Tribute to All Stars Coach Mike
CORSE Overview Presentation (revised November 2014)
Very Special Entertainment from 2013 Gala
2013 Gala Photo Slideshow
2012 Golf Tournament Music Video
2011 Gala Music Video
2011 Golf Tournament Music Video
2010 Maritime Adventures Music Video
To read testimonials from parents, guardians, peer mentors and volunteers: click here
To Make an Online Payment:
To make an online payment to CORSE, please enter your invoice or statement number below and click the 'pay now' button below. Please put the amount you are paying in the 'Item Price' box and click update. That amount will be charged to your credit/debit card or PayPal account.
9th Annual Golf Tournament June 19!
Golf is SOLD OUT, please email CORSE to be put on our wait list!
Evening only dinner & Par-Tee Guests Encouraged!!
Sponsorship & Auction Items needed!
Please click here to register for dinner,
Par-Tee and Sponsorships
Hole Sponsors: $150
Cart Sponsors: $50
For auction item donations, please
Sponsors to Date:
Event Sponsor: Deborah & Joe Annese
Dinner Sponsor: LeVangie Electric
Lunch Sponsor: Donald & Laura O'Keefe, in memory of Kay O'Keefe
Closest to Pin: Harvey & Susan Gates
Longest Drive: Bob & Eileen Hamel
Summer SPS Social and Academic Programs--
including field trips, summer ELA and Math packet support!
5 week cycle unless otherwise designated
July 10 -August 7
There is a $25 late fee for registrations received after deadline of June 12.
Financial assistance is available. The following programs are offered:
- Circle of Friends Plus Music Therapy!! (Pre-school)
- Summer Field Trip Social Explorers! (Grades K-3)
- Video and Animation Explorers (Grades 4-6)
- Reading and Writing Enrichment Plus Summer ELA Packet! (Grades 3-6)
- Math Investigators Plus Summer Math Packet! (Grades 3-6)
- Gates/High School Summer Enrichment Packet Support
- Gates/High School Traveling Tuesdays - PROGRAM STARTS 6/30, 6 WEEKS, 4 HOURS
- Gates/High School Summer Yoga - PROGRAM STARTS 6/29, MONDAYS, 5 WEEKS, ½ HOUR
Please click here for more information.
Programs are open to ALL SPS students, and are staffed appropriately so that children with special needs can successfully participate in them.
For each program, we have identified highly qualified SPS staff and aide support to provide a low staff to student ratio (usually 1:3 for social groups and 1:4 for academic courses) to assure the quality of this programming for our students.
Unfortunately, we no longer accept out-of-town registrations for Scituate Public Schools’ academic and social skills development programs, except for students tuitioned into SPS or Scituate students who are enrolled out of district.
For 2015, these programs have been generously supported by grant funding received from the Doug Flutie, Jr. Foundation for Autism, Grace E. Brooks Trust, Evan Henry Foundation, Scituate Rotary Club, Build A Bear Workshop, South Shore Playhouse Associates and Kate's Voice as well as our community fundraising supporters.
Spring/Summer Sports and Recreation Program Registration
Registration for the following Spring Sports & Recreation Programs is underway now:
- All Stars Jiu Jitsu (formerly called Karate) Fridays 4/10-6/12
- All Stars Running Sundays 4/12- 5/31
Registration the following Summer sports and recreation programs are underway now:
- All Stars Summer Youth Camp August 10-14
- All-Stars Summer Extreme August 10-14
- All-Stars Maritime Adventures through AccesSport America July 20-24
- All Stars Tennis Mondays, June 29-August 3
These Sports and Recreation programs are open to all towns. We welcome students with and without special needs who would prefer a less competitive atmosphere. Click here for more information.
If you will be requesting financial assistance, please call the Scituate Recreation Department at 781-545-8738 immediately to fill out the appropriate forms. These forms must be filled out prior to registration! Non-residents are charged a $5.00 additional fee through Scituate Recreation.
Registration for iCanBike (formerly Lose the Training Wheels) begins April 27 for South Shore YMCA and CORSE Foundation members. General registration begins May 4. Click here for more information. iCanBike is sponsored by the
Daniel Ghergurovich Memoriam and the Cohasset Harbor Resort.
More information will be available shortly on SPS Social & Academic Programs, including Traveling Tuesdays. Unfortunately, at this time we do not anticipate running Therapeutic Riding due to constraints at Booth Hill Farm.
This year, CORSE recreation, social and academic programs have been generously supported by grant funding from the Doug Flutie, Jr. Foundation for Autism,
Grace E. Brooks Trust,
Evan Henry Foundation,
Scituate Rotary Club,
Build A Bear Workshop,
South Shore Playhouse Associates and
Kate's Voice as well as our community fundraising supporters.
Financial assistance is available for all programs, please contact email@example.com for more information and guidelines.
Executive Function Seminar with Sarah Ward
The CORSE Foundation is pleased to sponsor a seminar designed to provide parents an educators with simple, ready to use strategies and tools for teaching children and youth how to develop independent executive function skills. Attendees will learn how to help children and youth:
- Create a homework space
- Organize personal and school materials
- Record assignments, create schedules
- Manage time, tasks and complete projects
The program is presented by Sarah Ward, a dynamic speaker who has worked with more than 350 public and private schools in Massachusetts as well as nationally and internationally on how to implement executive functions strategies in the home and classroom.
This free program will be held on Tuesday, May 12 from 7 to 9 PM at the Scituate High School Library. Registration is required. Seminar is full; registration is closed.
Thank you to our donors!
2014 was another wonderful year for CORSE thanks to ALL of our phenomenal donors. Because of our generous community, we continue to provide integrated academic, social and recreational programs that are accessible for all of our community's kids to participate!
As 2014 has come to a close, we would like to sincerely thank you for your incredible on-going support to the CORSE foundation. Since 2006, we have run over 300 programs (301!) with 3,766 registrations and 736 program volunteers putting $625,000 back into our community through programming and resources.
Programming and highlights from CORSE during 2014 – thanks to you:
- 1 of 3 invited guest speakers for the first annual Doug Flutie Jr. Partner Summit to discuss CORSE programming
- CORSE kids appeared on Wahlburgers TV show!
- Integrated social development programs
- Integrated academic support programs
- Integrated sports programs: basketball, karate, running
- Specialized sports programs: swimming, tennis and gymnastics
- Integrated socially-based summer camps for youth, tweens and teens
- Maritime Adventures specialty camp with AccesSport America: sailing, windsurfing, paddleboarding and canoeing
- Customized peer mentor and Best Buddies models; we hit record high participation with 52 Gates and 71 High School Best Buddies participants!
- Let’s Go Community Events: movies, skating, dining out, skiing
- SibShops for siblings of children with special needs
- Over $10,000 provided to families for financial and/or accessibility assistance
- Music therapy and Yoga for the district’s intensive needs classrooms and a Gates Band consultant
- HS scholarships to 15 students, given not only to students who overcame challenges utilizing special education services but also to dedicated CORSE volunteers
- Professional development, curriculum and equipment for the district
- Educational programs and resource materials for parents
For a listing of donors, click here.
Thank you from Scituate North Pole Express
Thank you to everyone who helped make the 7th Annual Scituate North Pole Express a tremendous success. Approximately 2500 people attended, many from outside of our community, and all got a taste of Scituate hospitality at its finest. We are extremely grateful to all of the volunteers and sponsors who made this wonderful event possible, and especially to the Scituate High School students who volunteered as elves, Santa’s helpers, Frosty, Rudolph, platform crew and carolers! Countless glowing comments were received from parents and grandparents, as well as from delighted young children who clearly had a magical time!
Thank You for Another Fabulous CORSE Foundation Gala!
Once again, our community came out to support the Scituate CORSE Foundation (Community of Resources for Special Education) at our 9th annual Gala on October 25th. We were once again overwhelmed by our heart-warming and generous guests, the unbelievable auction items and many touching moments. We hope everyone had a wonderful evening! CORSE would like to acknowledge all those individuals and businesses that donated to and participated in the event’s success. None of this would be possible without our Gala Committee (Anne Lambert Allen, Mariah Avallone, Elaine Bleckley, Susan Campbell, Sheila Chaisson, Suzanne Erwin, Judi Johnson, Tracy Johnston, Jane McGovern, Melissa O’Brien, Jennifer O’Neill, Carolyn Timmons), Scituate Country Club, Mike Connor (our COMPASS Award winner, SCTV and Susan Dillman (Video Presentation) Penny Locke (Auctioneer) and The Gathering Band. A special thank you to our community’s kids (Abbey & Billy Johnston, Athena & Aurora Avallone, Derek Allen, Aidan & Gavin Chaisson, Edmond Nolan, Karly Erickson, Jennifer Spinale (teacher), Hannah Jordan, Cole Cadigan) whose children put on a phenomenal video presentation for Coach Mike.
President, Scituate CORSE Foundation – on behalf of our Board of Directors
2014 Compass Award Winner Mike Connor
High School and Gates Best Buddies
These programs enhance a caring and compassionate community that practices tolerance, peer assistance and acceptance of differences. Students attend monthly training programs and/or field trip activities after-school throughout the academic year.
click to HS Best Buddies Program
click to Gates Best Buddies Program
To Make a Donation:
Help provide needed support to children with special needs in our community through a contribution to our Foundation. For more information, please click here.
New, EASY Way to Help Raise Money for CORSE
If you are already shopping at Amazon it's just a click away! Click here for more information.
Federal Employees State Employees
City of Boston Employees