Award Winning Foundation!
- 2011 Massachusetts Recreation and Park Association Program Outreach Award
- Co-Founders named 2009 Scituate Citizens of the Year
- 2008 Massachusetts Community Partnership Award from the Federation for Children with Special Needs
The Scituate CORSE Foundation (Community of Resources for Special Education), a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, was established in February of 2006 by a group of dedicated parents and educators to raise funds to provide the highest quality educational, social and recreational community experiences so children with special needs can reach their full potential. Through fundraising activities, the Foundation is able to allocate funds for a wide range of supplemental resources that will benefit children, parents and educators within our community.
New Video: Community Reflections on the Impact of CORSE highlighting the work CORSE does and the impact it has on the community. We proudly share it here, with thanks and gratitude to everyone who has supported our efforts since launching CORSE seven years ago.
Links to Photos/Videos/Presentations:
Video: Community Reflections on the Impact of CORSE
CORSE Photos (Shutterfly website)
SEE YOUR KIDS IN ACTION!
Pictures of CORSE Programming
CORSE Overview Presentation
2012 Golf Tournament Music Video
2011 Gala Music Video
2011 Golf Tournament Music Video
2010 Maritime Adventures Music Video
To Make a Donation:
Please click here for information about making a donation to help CORSE provide needed support to children with special needs.
To Make an Online Payment:
To make an online payment to CORSE, please enter your invoice or statement number below and click the 'pay now' button below.
7th Annual C.O.R.S.E. Foundation "Hit the Course for CORSE"
Golf Tournament and 19th Hole After-Party
Friday June 21, 2013 ~ Evening-only Guests Encouraged
Please register for golfing and sponsorships by clicking here
To print a brochure to mail in, click here
Registration for Summer Programming
Scituate Public Schools Social and Academic Programs
Fridays July 12-August 9th, unless otherwise designated. Late fee of $25 for registrations received after June 14. Click here for detailed information about the programs listed below. To register on line, click here. To print a brochure,
- Circle of Friends Plus Music Therapy!! (Pre-school)
- Seaside Explorers (Grades K-3: open to all schools)
- Math Investigators Plus! (Grades 3-6: open to all schools) Includes assistance with SPS summer math assignment
- Reading and Writing Enrichment Plus! (Grades 3-6: open to all schools) Includes assistance with SPS summer ELA assignment
- Research Explorers (Grades 4-6: open to all schools)
- Community Field Trips (Grades K-8: open to PLC/ILC/Gates students and Scituate students with out-of-district placements)
- Gates/High School Summer Enrichment Support Includes assistance with SPS summer ELA and math assignments
- Gates/High School Traveling Tuesdays
Summer Recreation Programs
Click here for detailed information on the recreation programs listed below. All programs are listed by program provider; registration guidelines vary by provider.
- Maritime Adventures (July 22-26; Ages 6-22)
- NEW! Summer Games Spectacular (Tuesday evenings, July 2-Aug 6; Ages 6-14)
- Teen Summer Extreme (August 12-16; Ages 15+)
- NEW! Tween Summer Extreme (August 12-16; Ages 11-14)
- Summer Youth Camp (August 12-16; Ages 6-10)
- Therapeutic Horseback Riding at Booth Hill Farms (Morning sessions July 1 - August 2; Ages 5+)
- Swimming Slots Available for 4 week session beginning Saturday May 11. Plus, special one week Jump Start for Summer Swim Week June 25-28.
- NEW! All Stars Tennis with ACEing Autism (Monday evenings, July 1 - August 5; Ages 6-22)
Want to volunteer? Please email the CORSE Foundation at email@example.com
New Program for HS Juniors/Seniors: College Boot Camp MGH/Aspire college preparation program
Social Thinking strategies to develop self-advocacy skills, time management, organizational strategies, etc. Six week program beginning July 11, morning and evening sessions available in Wellesley. Click here for detailed information.
Summer 2013 programs have been generously supported by grant funding received from the Doug Flutie, Jr. Foundation for Autism, Boston Bruins Foundation, CVS Caremark, Grace E. Brooks Trust, Evan Henry Foundation for Autism and Sprinkler Fitters Local Union 550 U.A. as well as our community fundraising supporters!
CORSE Reflects on 2012: Recognizing our Special Community that makes this all happen...
For over six years, CORSE has offered a variety of integrated social, academic and recreational programs that have customized staffing ratios and expertise so children with special needs can participate fully in their community. In addition, CORSE has funded a variety of technology, equipment, scholarships, professional development, parent training and student services such as Music Therapy (ECC, PLC/ILC and Gates). This year, 2012 broke all records with CORSE offering far more programs than ever before and community supporters showing record turn-outs at fundraising events! To highlight a few accomplishments:
- Largest Board of Directors to date at 14 representing parents of children with special needs, parents who have all typically developing children, SPS and Recreation staff
- Video documentary, Community Reflections on the Impact of C.O.R.S.E., developed - to see the video, view on our home page by clicking here.
- Record-breaking summer programming cycle for CORSE: All Stars Maritime Adventures through AccesSport America, Lose the Training Wheels, All Stars Summer Camp, All Stars Teen Extreme, Booth Hill Farm Therapeutic Riding and Funtastics gymnastics clinics; in addition to the winter and fall social and academic programs we sponsor with Scituate Public Schools, a third summer cycle was just added
- Our "Let's Go" family community events exploded with many new exciting additions such as Let's Go Skating assisted by the SPS Girls Hockey Team, Sand's End with performing music teacher Peter Mundt, Patriots Training Camp, R&C Hayride, Mill Wharf Cinema, etc.
- Sold-out Gala evening with 250 guests! Extremely successful golf tournament! Wonderful North Pole Express Experience thanks to our partners on SHORE!
- Sports programs thrived with our standard favorites of basketball (thanks SPS Boys Basketball team!), soccer, karate, running, Funtastics gymnastics, Xplosion Dance Center classes and the addition of a continually sold-out swimming program through Lauren McGonagle at Health Trax!!
- Peer mentoring greatly expanded with increased enrollment in Best Buddies, the phenomenal popularity of the Gates RAP (Respect All People) training and activity program, and our wonderful SPS students, (grades 6-8) who serve as "official" peer mentors in our after-school social programs for our younger students
Of course, none of this would be possible without our many generous donors and devoted volunteers. We also commend the SPS and Scituate Recreation program instructors, aides and counselors, who are so committed to providing the best programs possible for all our kids. We couldn't do it without you!
Our 2012 programming has been generously supported by grant funding received from CVS Caremark, the Doug Flutie Jr. Foundation for Autism, the Evan Henry Foundation for Autism, Harold Brooks Foundation, The Mentor Network, Autism Speaks Baker Summer Camp Scholarship, Finish Line Youth Foundation, Boston Bruins Foundation, Macksamie Memoriam and Sprinkler Fitters Local Union 550 U.A. as well as our community fundraising supporters! For a complete listing of all this year's supporters, please click here.
Thank you to the special community that we are privileged to live in!
Tracy Johnston on behalf of our 2012 CORSE Board: Cassi Belmarsh, Lorraine Devin, Kristin Erickson, Suzanne Erwin, Mary Beth Fassnacht, Peter Gates, Natalie Jurgel, Tatianna Maraj, Gina McClellan, Jane McGovern, Bob McQuaid, Jennifer O'Neill, Carolyn Timmons
To Make a Donation:
Help provide needed support to children with special needs in our community through a contribution to our Foundation. For more information, please click here.
Federal Employees State Employees
City of Boston Employees